Popular Posts

Friday 25 April 2014

My Day Stay in Birkshire


Dale awoke early and pulled down the pale green quilt. He stepped out of bed and did a few stretches against the window. The sun peered in and he peered down at the small lake surrounded by green shrubs and tall trees. We left the small room that we had inhabited for the night, on our travels back from the country village of Edam. Edam was close to the river Riddle, at the heart of East Moore Glen, and home to Bell Grove Peppermint Factory and Wine Distillery.
We made our way down the hallway of the old guesthouse to the dining room. An old pram, holding bottles of fine ales and stouts, took me by surprise as I entered. The buffet table was tempting - a platter of roast leg of lamb, surrounded by olive and mustard vegetables. Beside the meat, there were several fish lined up on a silver plate, that looked like an oversized version of my goldfish Ziggy. My reaction was to look South-West, where I spotted some delicious ice creams in multicoloured flavours, like butterscotch and lime. I felt that I needed more money to buy what I wanted here. There were too many nice things to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment